Saturday, January 3, 2009

Peanut Book

I will not lie. When I received the assignment to draw a peanut and make a little book out of it, I was quite intimidated. I could not figure out what to do, what theme to use, and I was afraid of drawing the peanut since there are so many intricate parts to it. True, that is part of what makes it fun, but it also makes it very difficult, especially at the end of the semester when the eyes are tired. Each of us were assigned to draw the peanuts utilizing the drawings methods and styles we had learned this semester.

peanut cover

To view the entire book, please click here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myartificialsunshine/sets/72157612066420917/

It has been a while since I completed this project that I am posting this. Looking back now, I see a lot of mistakes I made and I wish I would have taken more time and did it more neatly. I believe this is part of the reason it is so great to have photos of your work. At some point you are forced to look back at it and see your failures and triumphs. For example, I believe my drawings are better than I thought they were at the time.

peanut

No comments: