Thursday, May 7, 2009

Top 10: Design Autobiography

It is really hard for me to narrow everything that inspires me down to ten things. Through this semester, the already many things grew into even more things, as they were introduced to me and I learned more about things I already knew about. However, throughout my life and this semester, here are ten things that have really stuck with me.



image courtesy Spyros_Tav__"Smile : it's contagious" on Flickr

The Acropolis is soaked in history, and I have always been a history buff. It blends so many things- history, mythology, symbolism, architectural genius- together. It also became the basis for so much of architecture to come.


image courtesy Saskya on Flickr

I find it hard not to be enchanted with Versailles. I have always believed that each of us should infuse our own homes with some sort of opulence- not to this extent perhaps- but enough to have surrounded yourself in things you love.


image courtesy Flyian on Flickr

I have always found this building breathtaking, but never noticed some things about it pointed out in this class- for example- just how much it resembles flight. This summer, when I fly into New York, I will be flying in right beside this building. Please believe, I am super excited.


image courtesy Michael Finley on Flickr

I have always been enchanted with this house, and baffled by it at the same time. I adore the transparency of it, yet realize it's utterly impossible to live in such exposure- for me at least.



image courtesy cgc0202 on Flickr

Boston is definitely my favorite US city I have visited, and I try to make it there at least once a year. I love it for so many reasons.



image courtesy John Marton on Flickr

Bern, Switzerland really enchanted me when I was on a trip there. I also nearly got hit by one of those red trains that speed through the city.



image courtesy fulhenry on Flickr

Barcelona chair = amazing.



image courtesy tablewareforsale on flickr

My family has a history with Fenton glass. A lot of my family on my mother's side worked for them, creating beautiful pieces.



image courtesy Steve W Lee on Flickr

National Gallery of Art, East Building. The building I'm doing my precedent analysis on.

my house

The house I grew up in. I don't really have a good photo of it. I always found it quirky and strange- the way it is shaped and the fact that it has brick walls inside and out, due to the fact that it was the Cunningham Brick lake house.

No comments: