Monday, February 9, 2009

Scale Figures

Scale figures are helpful to show the scale of a room, building, other environment, or object. Here are some different takes on scale figures and drawing the human form that I found interesting and inspires my own work:

I think this drawing is incredibly cute. Furthermore, I like the way he draws his people. They do not have too much detail, but still convey emotion.




The people in this are somewhat gestural. I also love the use of selective color, which works well with the teal-ish blue and the red coat that pops out.

Enrique Flores, UrbanSketchers.com


In this drawing, the woman at the far right expresses motion, in my opinion. The angles in this drawing style definitely help this. It is both quick and put together looking at the same time.


Though not drawing, I think that both of these methods are interesting ways to show scale with the human form.

BIG

No comments: